Thursday, 3 December 2009

Greece Man Delay to Convicts


Thursday, 03 December 2009 04:01 DAP-NEWS

(Posted by CAAI News Media)

A Greek man on Wednesday appeared in the Phnom Penh Municipal Court over charges buying sex and capturing indecent images

The charges date to 2008, Judge Din Sivuthy heard. On December 2 charged that the accused, Kamplios Christian, 62, had allegedly solicited a girl under 18 years old for buying sex and had captured images of the Cambodian girl twice.

“The Greek defendant in the case had twice raped the under-18 Cambodian girl with pictures,” Phnom Penh Municipal Judge Din Sivuthy said.

Kamplios Christian told the court that “I knew her for more than two months … we went to a guest house in Boeung Kak.”

“I ‘rested’ with her for twice times. The Cambodian girl said that “Christian promised to pay me more if I agreed to let him take pictures.”

Christian denied that allegation “I did not intend to take her picture—she asked me to do it to make it more romantic.”

The Cambodian girl complained that “He promised me US$5, but he paid only US$3. I had worked since mid-2008and my Khmer customers paid me about US$4 and foreigners about US$10-15 each time.”

Christian said in court he arrived in Cambodia in November 2008 as a football trainer.

The defendant’s lawyer, Nourn Phanith, asked the judge to deport Christian from Cambodia and fine him US$5,000.

Prosecutor Sok Kaliyan said “Chris-tian recognized his actions so I would like to ask the judge to delay to convict on this case.”

Dun Vibol, another defense lawyer, said the defendant “is an old man. He denied having sex with the victim with only a massage and the pictures were a game of the victim to be more attractive in a sexual way.”

Vibol suggested that “If my defendant was at fault, please fine him.”

Judge Din Sivuthy said he would retire to consider his verdict.

No comments: