Saturday, 15 March 2008

Hun Sen Appealed for Votes for a Fourth Term

12th March 2008
By San Suwit
Radio Free Asia

Translated from Khmer to English by Khmerization
Courtesy of Khmerization : http://khmerization.blogspot.com/

In a speech at a graduating ceremony of teaching students at Hun Sen Pedagogue College in Kandal province on the 12th of March 2008, Prime Minister Hun Sen (pictured) has proudly told those graduating teachers about the his personal success, beginning as a pagoda boy to become a multi-term prime minister. The prime minister has used the opportunity to ask people to vote for him to so that he can serve as prime minister for the fourth term.

The prime Minister said: “All of you can use my successful life to make a comparison so as to use it as an experience. And I wish to share with you of what Hun Sen had succeeded, starting as a pagoda boy and working the way up to become a prime minister of a country. No one has become a prime minister longer than Hun Sen, until now the opposition parties tried and tried to kick me out from the prime ministership on a daily basis but they cannot kick me out because the people are still voting for me. A moment ago, someone said that he wish to support me for a fourth term. If you continue to vote for me I will continue to be prime minister forever. Don’t be too curious about that.”

No comments: