Tuesday, 10 June 2008

Cambodian PM blasts alleged drug use comment by opposition party

June 10, 2008

Cambodian Prime Minister Hun has strongly refuted alleged accusations by the opposition Sam Rainsy Party (SRP) that he had used drugs, English-Khmer language newspaper the Cambodian Daily said Tuesday.

SRP defectors told him that party president Sam Rainsy had said that the premier's cigarettes were laced with drugs, the paper quoted Hun Sen as telling recent ceremonies.

"If I smoked drugs, they would have already died. If I used drugs, I would have ordered tanks to destroy them. I could order the military to kill them because I would have a mental problem if I were drug-addicted," he said.

"Drug-addicted people, they even attack their parents," he said.

Meanwhile, Sam Rainsy denied that he had made such remarks.

Both Hun Sen's Cambodian People's Party (CPP) and SRP have been approved to join the general election in July, which will establish the kingdom's fourth government.

Hun Sen said that CPP will score landslide victory, while SRP vowed that it can win premiership.

Source:Xinhua

No comments: