Sunday, 24 May 2009

Aso, Hun Sen offer condolences

Japanese Prime Minister Taro Aso on Saturday expressed surprise at the death of former South Korean president Roh Moo-hyun and offered his condolences to the neighboring country.

"I was quite surprised," Aso told reporters after hearing about Roh's death, according to Jiji Press. "I would like to offer my condolences and pray for the repose of his soul," Aso said.

Yukio Hatoyama, head of the nation's main opposition Democratic Party of Japan, said in a statement: "I would like to give my sincere condolences to the bereaved family and Korean people."

Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen also offered his condolences following the death of Roh who he said made large contributions to the improvement of ties between Korea and Southeast Asia.

"I don't know how to express my sadness. I express sincere, deep condolences," the prime minister told a group of South Korean reporters visiting here. "I didn't hear yet about the exact reason for his death, but I can't contain my sadness over the news."

He noted that Roh had given much aid and support to Cambodia during his presidency from 2003-2008, recalling Roh's visits to Phnom Penh and Siem Riep, home of the Angkor temple complex.

(From news reports)

2009.05.23

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

អ្នកឯងគ្រាន់បើកុំចេះតែនិយាយត្រូវធ្វើរឿងអ្វីសម្រាប់ខ្មែរខ្លះផងអូខេរ!