Monday, 5 October 2009

Court Delays Verdict in Garment Theft Case


Written by DAP NEWS -- Monday, 05 October 2009
(Post by CAAI News Media)

Phnom Penh Municipal Court Judge Sem Sakola, representative prosecutor Sok Kalyan and counsel for both parties were on Saturday attendant in the case of two Cambodian men’s claimed loss of garments destined to be exported to the US, a local authority said.

Two Cambodian men, Sean Vutha, 39, a warehouse chief of MSE KPM Co., Ltd and San Eng, 40, were on October 1 accused of stealing 253 containers of clothes valued at US$25,473. Sean Vutha protested his innocence. “I did not do this and I am not responsible for these actions … I completed my work very well and I did not try to steal the company’s property.” Vutha added that “on February 27, 2009, I counted all out of clothes before delivery to Kampong Som [Preah Sihanouk] port. I and my members prepared the clothes into containers.”

MSE KPM Co., Ltd, a partner of a private insurance import-export company, were to deliver to Preah Sihanouk port on February 27. When the delivery reached the US, the client objected that the order was short on March 24, 2009.

A defense lawyer in the case claimed that “nobody can confirm who is wrong or right.”
The judge postponed his verdict.

No comments: