Friday, 9 October 2009

Giant Fish Landed in Kampong Cham


Written by DAP NEWS -- Thursday, 08 October 2009
(Post by CAAI News Media)

A giant fish weighing over 9 kilograms and measuring 1.2 meters was caught in Kampong Cham province’s Batheay district on Wednesday, according to a local fisherman.

Phat Nith, 27, told DAP News Cambodia of the fish he caught on Tuesday evening, “I have never seen or experienced anything like it before in my life.”

“my wife and I were very surprised to hear this is a news story.”

He said the fish was similar to other common species, only bigger and longer.

Residents and fishery administration officials said they had never seen the like of the fish before.

Nith said he doesn’t want to see his catch served up. “I do not think to sell it in the market, but I just want find a place or person can raise it in appropriate pond or tank, so I decided to deliver it to Phnom Penh … [where] fortunately I found a man who can look after it in a good place. I do not charge him a high price.”

“It is my wish to bring it to live in Phnom Penh.” he said. The coffee shop manager who bought the fish said he had been lucky. “I found the giant fish and bought it from the fisherman but they did not charge me a high price. I just gave them a delivery fee only.”

The coffee shop manager said he would build the big tank in his shop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great work. good job