Monday, 7 March 2011

Police Blotter: 7 Mar 2011

via CAAI

Monday, 07 March 2011 15:01 Sen David

Stabbing attack erupts after family squabble
A family dispute between a man and his prospective son-in-law led to bloodshed in Stung Treng on Friday. Police said the two had an argument because his daughter was unmarried and the two began attacking each other with knives. The bloody exchange caused the father to be stabbed seven times after he stabbed his prospective son-in-law once. Police said they will detain them after they are released from hospital.

Coffee shop owner attacked in robbery
POLICE in Kandal province’s Ang Snuol district said two men robbed a victim’s house of US$7,000 worth of property on Friday. The victim is the owner of a coffee shop and police said the two suspects entered her house and threatened her with a gun. One of the suspects attacked the victim with a metal tool and she and her son were seriously injured. The suspects escaped and the victims were sent to hospital. Police are investigating the case.

Woman tries suicide, but cops subdue her
A woman, 30, attempted to kill herself by jumping off Chroy Changvar Bridge in Phnom Penh on Friday. Police on the bridge said they saw her attempt to jump from the bridge but managed to subdue her in time before she could jump. She said she wanted to kill herself because her husband had left her and she was all alone.

Drunken man crushed by truck while asleep
A 26-YEAR-OLD man was killed in a traffic accident in Battambang city on Friday. Police said the man was intoxicated after drinking wine with his friends and lay down behind a truck to fall asleep after refusing to go home. In the morning, the truck backed over him without seeing him and the driver fled from the scene. Police are searching for the driver.

Attempted rape suspect taken into custody
POLICE in Kampong Cham’s Chamkar Leu district detained a 32-year-old man who allegedly attempted to rape an 18-year-old girl on Friday. The victim said she was driving her motorbike to a market but stopped in a secluded area when three suspects approached her and tried to rape here, but she shouted for help. Two of the suspects escaped but police managed to take one into custody and he will be sent to court to face charges.

No comments: