Saturday, 19 March 2011

Courtroom quarrel

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/

via CAAI

Friday, 18 March 2011 15:02Mom Kunthear

The director of court clerks in Mondulkiri provincial court filed a complaint on Tuesday against a judge, accusing him of threatening and insulting him and demanding US$1,000 in compensation.

Krang Song, director of Mondulkiri provincial court clerks, said yesterday he filed the complaint to three institutions against the judge, who he said looked down on him and insulted him in the courtroom.

“The judge, Meng Tony, pointed at me and insulted me without respect, telling me that I am an old person and accusing me of being the kind of person who is dishonest with their work.”

Mondulkiri provincial prosecutor, Im Sophan, said yesterday that he will take measures through court processes to come to a resolution, before declining to comment further.

No comments: