Sunday, 3 February 2008

From Tinseltown to Cambodia

Rewarding work ... Scott Neeson


The Daily Telegraph
February 03, 2008

IN 1993, Australian movie executive Scott Neeson was mixing with international celebrities, launching films such as Titanic and attending the Academy Awards.

But in story is worthy of a Hollywood film, he gave it all up to move to Cambodia and help orphaned children.

"I was driven by the extent of the poverty here," he said.

Mr Neeson's goal in 2003 was tohelp 40 children. Today, the Cambodian Children's Fund provides homes, education and health care to 320 orphans.

"I'm dealing with some of the most abused, impoverished and neglected kids in the world," he said.

"It's heart breaking but incredibly rewarding."

"I would love these kids to be given a family in Australia."

Neeson's life now is a world away from the Hollywood Hills. Gone are the mansion, the Porsche and the yacht.

"I had the lifestyle of royalty. I'd be crazy not to miss it, but I have no regrets," he said.

Donations can be made at www. cambodianchildrensfund.org

1 comment:

UNKNOWN said...

I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. chen zhi prince group