Friday, 11 April 2008

Blaze welcomes New Year!


This is the thick smoke of burning-fire where I used my phone to take pix and share with all of you.

Posted by vutha
April 11, 2008

A few days away, the Khmer New Year will be celebrated throughout the country and abroad by Cambodians as well. But what is very unfortunate for Cambodian people to become victims because of some unexpected incidents before New Year.

At around 6:30am this morning, when I left my home for workplace. I saw the thick smoke coming from the fire burning from the block of anarchic small wooden houses. Most of Cambodians are squatting for long time. It is hard for fire-engines to reach the burning houses because of narrow road. That is the blaze occurring this morning off Lok Sang hospital, the stretch of street along the hospital is blocked from the passengers, cars and motorbikes as well.

When I reached the intersection of traffic light near Lok Sang hospital, I saw two fire-engines parking on the road side. It is seemly not to take immediate action to extinguish the fire. Some people always said that if no money to pay firefighters, they will not be making their efforts to extinguish a fire.

Meanwhile, my friend, he reported this incident quickly on his blog by saying that:

When I talked about this with some of people, it is suspected that this is because land price is high and anarchic building there shall be made improvement. There should not be messy building in city like a modern Phnom Penh today.

The traffic jam also happened, it was hard for me to drive through toward my workplace, I was so later a little bit to get office.

No comments: