Thursday, 4 September 2008

Orphans from Cambodia arrive to open arms




KHNL NBC8 Honolulu
Sep 4, 2008

HONOLULU (KHNL) -Over two dozen orphans are here in Hawaii, to share their culture and in return, get a little love.

They were greeted with lei and lots of hugs from their email foster parents Wednesday.

The foster parents have been in contact with the children for the past few years, but for many it was the first time they held them in their arms.

It was a special moment for foster parent and child.

"I've waited for three years to meet Tola my foster child," said Patty Lee."It was the most wonderful feeling to see her and hold her in my arms"

"I don't know how to say it," said Chanthy Pon, "My heart is full of the meaning of love, it is really beautiful and wonderful for me."

Families here in Hawaii, have been supporting the children at an orphanage in Cambodia, providing money for their education and emotional support for the ones who have lost their parents.

The 30 children are here for two weeks to not only spend time with their foster families but also to share their cultures.

No comments: