Wednesday, 22 October 2008

CTN journalist’s surprise resignation

Cambodge Soir

20-10-2008

Soy Sopheap, famous to Cambodian viewers for his positions resigned on Monday, October 20. The journalist gave hardly any explanation but implied that the office of Directors of the channel was not pleased with his performances
.
“Today at 4pm, I will hand out my letter of resignation at the CTN headquarters. I resign because I cannot perform my duty”, the journalist declared to Cambodge Soir Hebdo, but he did not go further into detail.
The past few years Soy Sopheap had become a celebrity in Cambodia. He worked for a CPP (Cambodia’s People Party) orientated channel but regularly exposed civil servants’ irregularities. Lately, he became the political mediator between Prime Minister Hun Sen and Prince Ranariddh, facilitating the return of the latter to the Kingdom following two years of forced exile.

No comments: