Thursday, 20 November 2008

At home with Chhin Sotheary, TV presenter

The Phnom Penh Post

Written by Soeun Say
Wednesday, 19 November 2008

My favourite part of my home
My favorite parts of my home are my living room and my bedroom. If I am in these rooms, I feel very relaxed. I like my bedroom because it has a modern style and looks very beautiful.

How I relax at home
When I want to relax at home, the first thing I do is go into my kitchen and cook. I also like to relax by cleaning the house, and when everything is clean, I like to read books and use the computer. Sometimes I like to listen to music in my bedroom or watch TV. I'm so busy with my job, I haven't got time to go anywhere, so I like to just stay at home whenever I can.

When I entertain
When I invite friends or relatives to come to my home, I like to serve nice food and talk.

My decorating style
My home is decorated in a modern style, mixing Khmer and Western elements. I like modern styles, but I will never forget my Khmer culture. The Khmer style is very simple, which suits me because I don't like clutter. I also have many pictures on the walls, and I have put statues of King Jayavarman VII and the Apsara in my living room.

What would I change
In the future I want to have a modern villa. In my villa, I want to have a swimming pool, gazebo and garden, and I will fill my villa with modern luxuries.

No comments: