Monday, 22 December 2008

Language wars at the KRT

The Phnom Penh Post

Written by Elena Lesley
Sunday, 21 December 2008

Former New York Times journalist Barbara Crossette was in Phnom Penh recently leading a seminar for Cambodian journalists covering the Khmer Rouge Tribunal. I stopped by one of the sessions and chatted with Crossette and several students; I will post more about this initiative soon.

But in the meantime, read this article Crossette wrote after her trip about the French-English language wars at the ECCC. It is an issue I have thought a good deal about given Jacques Verges' repeated demands for French translations, and Crossette does a great job of explaining some of the debate's broader implications.

* Pictured: Crossette instructs journalists during a recent seminar in Phnom Penh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Appreciate this post. Let me try it out.
Here is my homepage transfer news premier league arsenal

Anonymous said...

Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly
useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something again and aid others such
as you aided me.
My site > football latest transfer rumours

Anonymous said...

Today, I went to the beachfront with my children.
I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to
her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.

She never wants to go back! LoL I know this
is completely off topic but I had to tell someone!
My webpage pizza games english