Thursday, 5 February 2009

American, 75, charged with molesting Cambodian boy

KansasCity.com
The Associated Press

Wed, Feb. 04, 2009

A prosecutor says a 75-year-old American man has been charged with sexually abusing four Cambodian boys.

Prosecutor Nuon San says the man has been charged after allegedly molesting boys aged between 9 and 13-years old. He faces up to three years in prison if convicted.

Police say Jack Louis Sporich was arrested Monday in Siem Reap, a major tourist destination 143 miles (230 kilometers) northwest of Phnom Penh.

Police say Sporich, who said he was from Chicago, Illinois, has denied the allegations.

Cambodia has long been a magnet for foreign pedophiles because of its poverty and lax law enforcement, but action against sex offenders has been stepped up in recent years.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS MAN HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF THIS CRIME SEVERAL TIMES IN THE UNITED STATES. HE HAS SERVED TERMS AND A COMMITMENT TO A STATE MENTAL HOSPITAL WHERE HE REFUSED TREATMENT. HE NEEDS TO GO TO PRISON FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE UNDER THE WORST CONDITIONS. HE HAS ALREADY GIEVEN COUNTLESS VICTIMS THEIR LIFE SENTENCES, LIVING WITHWHAT HE DID TO THEM. DON'T BE LIKE THE GUTLESS U.S. JURIES AND LET HIM GO.

Anonymous said...

Jack Louis Sporich is my brother. He is guilty and has done sexual things since he was 20. I have finally going to disassociate myself from him. My parent are both dead and after 1987 being convicted for the second time he had a hot-shot lawyer who freed him in May 2004. I am so disappointed and stressed out hearing about Jack from a previous victims Mother in CA on Friday. I do not to associate with him anymore for destroying childrens lives. He does not know that he is doing wrong. He does not live in Chicago IL. He lives in Sedona, AZ and should be registering by May 24th this year which is his 75th birthday. I am so ashamed of him. He put my parents through hell and I am so sorry for everything he has done. If I can help please contact me. My e-mail is junipine@esedona.net. Please God forgive me for writing this against my brother...it hurts so much. June

Anonymous said...

Good for you..
Sorry to hear that you are related to that monster and sorry for your parents suffering, may they find peace and forgiveness. That monster of your brother will see justice real soon, here in our beautiful prison systems and when he dies and meets his maker..oh yea!!
Anyways, you are brave for speaking up. Please continue to share your stories with the media to (somehow) understand what went wrong and the sick mind or your brother.. Contact The LATimes and share your story.