Wednesday, 1 July 2009

Six-figure interest for Pol Pot's shoes


Written by Sam Rith
Wednesday, 01 July 2009

Former Khmer Rouge photographer Nhem En said Tuesday that he has received an expression of interest for some of his Khmer Rouge-era possessions. Nhem En said a rich Asian buyer had contacted him looking to buy what the cadre says are shoes of the former Khmer Rouge leader Pol Pot, and two of the cameras that Nhem En said he used to photograph victims at Tuol Sleng prison. "We are now in the process of bargaining ... for the two cameras and a pair of Pol Pot's shoes. The customer offered me just US$100,000 to $200,000," he said, adding that he would not sell for less than $500,000. Nhem En's original starting price was $1 million.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there! This article could not be written any better!

Looking through this post reminds me of my previous roommate!
He constantly kept preaching about this. I will send this post to him.
Pretty sure he'll have a great read. I appreciate you for sharing!
Also visit my webpage :: seo consultant