Monday, 5 April 2010

Chey Kosal scores quick TKO


Photo by: Rebert Starkweather
Chey Kosal from Siem Reap took just a minute to stop Lithuanian fighter Karolis Sankauskas Saturday at TV3 arena.

via CAAI News Media

Monday, 05 April 2010 15:00 Rebert Starkweather

Local kickboxers Chey Kosal and Lao Sinath scored knockouts in the first and third rounds respectively against foreign rivals Saturday at TV3 boxing arena

CHEY “The Raging Bull” Kosal stopped Lithuanian fighter Karolis Sankauskas in the first round with low kicks Saturday at the TV3 boxing arena.

The fight barely lasted a minute.
Chey Kosal scored the first knockdown with low kicks 30 seconds into the bout, and it was clear the 27-year-old native of Vilnius, Lithuania, would never last.

Chey Kosal, 25, jabbed and chopped at the legs, and at the one minute mark Sankauska was sitting on his backside, pounding the canvas in frustration.

Sankauska got back to his feet and raised his gloves, but referee Meas Sokry waved the fight over all the same.

“At eight I was standing, gloves up,” Sankauska said afterward “They said no. It’s three knockdowns right?”

Lao Sinath beats overworked Izadi
In the co-feature, Lao Sinath scored a second-round knockdown and third-round stoppage over Iranian fighter Massod Izadi.

Late in the second, Lao Sinath caught a retreating Izadi against the ropes with a left-right punch combination, felling the 23-year-old from Rasht, Iran.

Photo by: Rebert Starkweather
Lao Sinath (right) stopped Iranian Massod Izadi in the third round with low kicks during their international bout Saturday at TV3 boxing arena.

Lao Sinath, also 23, put Izadi on the canvas twice in the third with low kicks. The second time Izadi did not get up.

“That’s five fights in a month,” said Izadi, who fought just a week ago. “My leg was already hurt.”

“I did not want to take that fight,” he said of last week’s bout. “I wanted to get ready for this one. My manager, he fucked me. Maybe I should punch him.”

Sankauskas and Izadi are both long-term residents of Thailand. Sankauskas trains in Bangkok at the well-known Jitti Gym. Izadi fights out of the Baan Boxing in Pathumthani Province, just outside Bangkok.

Sankauskas, who said he went 12-0 as an amateur back home, moved to Thailand in March 2008 in pursuit of a professional kickboxing career.

“It’s not popular in Lithuania,” he said. “They think it’s karate or kung fu.”

TV3 hosts international bouts every other weekend. Outh Phoutang and Phon Phanna are scheduled to appear April 24.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I could have sworn I've been to this website

before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
Anyways, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be
book-marking and checking back often!

Feel free to surf to my blog ... House-Computers.com