Thursday, 19 August 2010

Four testify in case of meth lab


via Khmer NZ

Thursday, 19 August 2010 15:01 Thet Sambath

PHNOM Penh Municipal Court yesterday questioned four suspects in relation to drug trafficking allegations following their arrest this week.

Police arrested two men and two women on Sunday, during a raid in Phnom Penh’s Prampi Makara district. They also confiscated about 200 grams of crystal methamphetamine, 49 packets of drug precursor chemicals and other materials used in drug production.

But court prosecutor Ek Chheng Huot said that no charges have yet been laid, since the investigation is still ongoing.

“I am questioning these people. I have not charged them yet because I need to collect more evidence,” he said. “I have questioned the four people, but I need more time before I charge them.”

Phnom Penh deputy police chief Sok Khemarin said yesterday that after their arrest, all four had confessed to being involved in drug trafficking and production.

“They have confessed that they have used and sold drugs to other people for many years, and they have made drugs for over a year now,” he said.

No comments: